Deer Hunting available for both rifle or bow
Over abundance of hogs and Russian Boars
4 large ponds are all stocked with Florida Large Mouth Bass
4 large ponds are all stocked with Florida Large Mouth Bass, Fishing is accessible from shore or canoe.
Ther are plenty of Foxes/Beaver/Raccon/Bobcats.
Multiple traps available
Texas Parks & Wildlife Hunting Season: Nov. 3, 2018 - Jan. 6, 2019. All hunts have a two day minimum
2 day hunts, 30-06 or 308 caliber or smaller, trophy fees on deer larger than a 10 point
Compound Bow or Cross Bow
Air Gun rentals available
Season runs from January 7-20th
Hog hunts run year around with the exception of deer season
30-06 or 308 caliber or smaller, semi-automatic 308 or 223 allowed
Please inquire for more information
Night Vision, Thermal Scopes, Suppressors and Rifles etc.
1. When hunting at the Broken Stone Ranch you must have a valid hunting license.
2. You must have your rifle sight-in before going to the blind; or you must at least shoot your rifle to confirm its accuracy.
3. Deer & Hogs become accustomed to morning or evening hunt patterns and they often begin feeding in mid-day. We encourage you to stay in your blind as long as possible to improve your chances of harvesting a deer or hog.
4. Stay inside your blind until you are picked up. You could disturb other hunters and also disturb the animals.
5. Please have your cell phone with you at all times when hunting.
6. If you have “the urge,” do it as close to the blind as you can and get right back into the blind.
7. When you shoot an animal, be sure it is within range, and that the shot has a high probability of resulting in a kill. If you shoot and wound a animal, do not track it immediately, causing it to run from the vicinity in which it was shot. Stay in your blind and wait for a guide or ranch hand to assist with the search. In the time, the animal will likely lay down nearby and either die or become extremely weak from blood loss.
8. Hunters are encouraged to shoot varmints at no charge, including hogs, foxes, raccoons, coyotes, skunks, bobcats, etc.
9. Clean up your blind before you leave and take any trash with you. Close windows and doors. Subsequent hunters appreciate this courtesy.
10. All hunters must report to the office before departing the ranch.